Good morning & happy Friday friends! I am trying to post more on here but have found myself a little uninspired and extremely busy with life in general lately, so I hope everyone’s first half of the year is going great and you’ve been able to stick the 2019 goals!
With that being said, with such a hectic schedule, I have found myself needing a little extra boost in my morning routine – starting with my coffee. If you’ve been reading my blog for some time now, you know that AlyssaKipper.com is a place where I like to simplify and improve your life – I am not one that spends a lot of time in the kitchen and am truly a woman of efficiency. This coffee recipe is no different. If you’re someone that already drinks coffee, adding a couple extra ingredients will not only improve your life, but it’s a seriously simple health hack that’s basically effortless.
Lately, in efforts to maintain my weight and cut back on unnecessary snacking, I’ve been doing intermittent fasting. If you haven’t heard of it, basically I only eat between the hours of 12 p.m. and 6 p.m. allowing my body more time to digest without necessarily depriving myself of the foods that I love. You may be wondering what that has to do with my morning coffee. Well, the added ingredients in my not-so-basic cup of Joe really help keep me full until my 12 p.m. lunch time & provide me with the energy I need without having to consume any food.
Here’s what you’re going to need:
- Now Organic Inulin
- Vanilla powder
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Almond Milk (or soy milk)
- Cold Brew coffee or Cafe Bustelo Espresso or if you’re using a Nespresso Machine, I love the Columbia pods
- my holy grail Nespresso machine
- My favorite to-go mug or if I’m at home I love these
Here’s what you do:
- Pour almond (or soy) milk into your frother. Add inulin, vanilla powder, cinnamon & Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides and froth for about a minute until all ingredients are combined entirely.
- Pour cold brew coffee or espresso into desired coffee mug.
- Add desired amount of the milk concoction.
- Add straw & enjoy!
Why it’s good:
Inulin is a great source of fiber. Fiber plays an important role in your overall health and keeps you feeling fuller, longer. It can also help regulate cholesterol and digestion. Next, I love to add cinnamon because not only does it taste great, but cinnamon also balances your blood sugar. Lastly, I love adding collagen to my coffee in the morning. Collagen production starts to decline around 25 years old, so as the saying goes, “do something your future self will thank you for,” and add a little collagen to your morning coffee.
If you try out this recipe, let me know what you think! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!