Hi there friends and followers! I know it’s been a while since we’ve talked but I’ve been so busy working on projects at work that I haven’t been able to devote as much time to my blog as I’d like. I hope that changes soon, but I’m going to try to make it more of a priority!
With being so busy, and as you might have read on here before, I don’t like to slave over meals in the kitchen. It’s just not my style. I rather sit around and spend time with whoever I’m eating with or if it’s just me by myself, I like to use my time for some [much needed] relaxation.
Things with work have been insane lately and since I haven’t been able to keep up with my gym routines as much as I’d like, I’ve been trying to eat fairly clean – Summer is only a couple months away! *GASP!* Anyways, if you’re as busy as I am or just looking for an easy and healthy weeknight meal, look no further. Today I’m sharing one of my favorite, go-to meals that can be made in 10 minutes or less!
*Note: All ingredients were bought at Trader Joe’s but I’ve included notes for how to get the same ingredients at regular grocery stores
- 1 can tuna
- 1 dollop of garlic spread (can be substituted for 3 cloves garlic – minced)
- 1 dollop of the avocado tzatziki spread (can be made with 2 ripe avocados, 1 cup greek yogurt, juice from 1/2 a lemon, 2 tbsp fresh dill & the minced garlic from above)
- handful of organic spinach
- sprinkle of feta cheese
- 1/2 lemon juice
- red onion
- fresh tomato
- chili flakes (optional)
- whole wheat pita (can use flat bread or make into a salad instead)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the tuna, garlic spread & avocado tzatziki spread together and add in your lemon juice.
- On your whole wheat pita, lay down a handful of organic spinach.
- Scooped the tuna mix and put it on top of the spinach & garnish with red onion, fresh tomatoes, feta cheese & more lemon juice. I also added chili flakes, but that is totally optional.