As the weather gets warmer, my taste buds get excited for all of my favorite Summer salad recipes. California gets hot and there’s nothing quite as refreshing as enjoying a delicious salad with fresh in-season ingredients. This recipe I’m about to share with you includes pretty much all of my favorite items like avocado, fresh basil, ripe tomatoes, and most importantly…PASTA!
If you know me or have been following my blog for some time now, you’ll know that I’m a pasta fiend and I’m always looking for ways to incorporate pasta into basically every meal. I stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest and had to share with you! Don’t you love when you find a recipe and realize you already have all the ingredients at home? This was one of those amazing situations. So if the photo on this post is making your mouth water as much as mine, see the recipe below!
- 1 16-ounce bag brown rice pasta (I love the Trader Joe’s organic brown rice penne pasta – but you can use whichever pasta you like!)
- 1 8-ounce pint organic cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; place in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, basil and avocado. Stir until the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Pour onto the pasta; stir to combine.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Feel free to tag me in any photos online if you decide to make it or leave me a note in the comments below!