I am one of those people that craves Mexican food on the daily, and since I’ve been vegetarian for about three or so years, I’ve done my fair share of experimenting. While messing around with some of my favorite ingredients, I came up with these delicious cauliflower tacos and I knew I had to share them with you guys!
Cauliflower is a little new for me and to be honest with you, it’s the first year I’ve ever really eaten it. I’m pretty sure I tried it raw once when I was little in one of those veggie platter thingamabobs, and absolutely hated it and decided that I was done with it forever…or at least until just recently – ha! Nowadays, cauliflower is something I buy at the grocery store regularly and we go through it like crazy (you may have seen how I use it in my collard green wraps – yummm). It’s such a versatile vegetable and if you season and cook it the right way, it is so so yummy and a great way to make meals meatless.
The best part about these tacos, however, is that both vegetarians and meat-eaters alike, love them. They’re so tasty, really filling, and a great way to cut some calories. Enjoy!
1 head of organic cauliflower (stem removed)
1/2 cup tahini
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp tumeric
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tbsp salt
3 cloves of garlic, minced
corn tortillas, to serve
tzatziki sauce, to serve
fresh cilantro and purple onion, chopped, for garnish
1 jalapeño, chopped, to serve (optional)
1 avocado, sliced, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prep cauliflower by removing leaves and stem with a knife, and divide into individual florets. Then place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, turmeric, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, and garlic.
- Pour mixture over cauliflower, using your hands to make sure all florets are evenly covered.
- Bake cauliflower for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve on warm tortillas with tzatziki sauce, cilantro, avocado & jalapeño.
This recipe can be made vegan (get a vegan tzatziki sauce) and is gluten free.