Another year has come and gone and I don’t know about you, but this year feels like a total blur. I truly feel like we were non-stop busy the entire 2017 and to be honest with you, I’m looking forward to a couple weekends of laying at home doing nothing before traveling again. With everything that went on this year, and as the end of the year is the perfect time to reflect, I thought I would share all of the great things that happened in the last 365 days as well as some of my favorite blog posts throughout.
- Gavin celebrated his 25th birthday and I threw him a surprise party
- We started going shooting regularly with the new gun that I got him for Christmas 2016/his birthday
- Gavin & I went to NYC for the first time. We had been to NY before, but spent our time upstate in Rochester. This was our first time to the city. See post here. We were there for Valentine’s Day & NYFW.
- I bought my first designer bag, the Gucci Dionysus GG Supreme shoulder bag and really started to fall in love with their brand.
- Celebrated my best friend Gabby’s 26th birthday at Malibu Wines and my Nana’s 97th birthday at her home in Westchester.
- Took our puppy Riley on her first Spring-time hike in East Canyon.
- Said goodbye to my colleague and bff Jess (she gave her notice at work and moved home to Chicago – see me visit her here!)
- Saw Eric Church in concert and had the best time ever! If you’ve never seen him live, do yourself a favor and go!
- Gavin and I both got promoted (woo! – some tips on how to get promoted here) at work and moved back to the West Side from our hometown of Valencia.
- Traveled to Vegas with Gabby to visit our friend Cassi who was a hair stylist for the CMA’s (see my top 5 favorite Vegas pool parties here)
- Went to the Colorado River where our family has a house and spent the weekend there.
- Moved into our new apartment in Playa Vista! Yay! This made my commute to work 15 minutes instead of an hour and a half. Probably one of the biggest things that happened for me this year.
- Celebrated Anakin’s 2nd birthday!
- Spent Memorial Day taking tequila shots at Gav’s family’s lake house!
- Got Anakin to walk on a leash successfully for the first time!
- Another girls trip with Gabby to Palm Springs (see our adventures here).
- Went to the Boots & Brews concert and saw a lot of our favorite country singers live for Father’s Day.
- Celebrated the 4th of July and made this delicious peach caprese salad.
- Went to Universal Studios for my first time!
- Went on a weekend trip to Mammoth for my dad’s birthday (see all the fun here).
- Celebrated my 26th birthday and my 3 year anniversary with Gav! (birthday post here & anniversary post here)
- Finally let go of the rope while wake surfing and got my first gun
- Started playing tennis again
- Spent Labor Day up at my cabin having a BBQ with friends and family (see Labor Day Staples post here)
- Celebrated my bff Jess’ 26th birthday and my brother’s 21st birthday!
- Went to the Hollywood Bowl with my family and saw Yo Yo Ma
- Went to the Catalina Wine Mixer (see craziness here)
- Went on a “going-out” spree and posted 7 of my favorite places to go out in LA here
- One of my favorites was The Butcher’s Daughter where I had brunch with my bff Joan
- Gavin bought a motorcycle and his cousin Nathalie got engaged!!
- We celebrated Halloween and I dressed as Lara Croft
- Gavin bought a truck, now we can go camping and tow our motorcycles!
- Went to Cafe Bizou with Mom & Grandma (so yummy – highly recommend!)
- Celebrated Thanksgiving up at my cabin and learned how to ride my new dirt bike
- Traveled to Chicago for a long weekend to visit my friend Jess (blog post mentioned under March)
- Planned and executed my company’s holiday party (this responsibility came with my promotion)
- Planned and hosted my annual Toys for Tots holiday party and donated all the toys to our local drop-off location (see all holiday party outfits here)
- Went to Cabo for my first time with Gavin’s family and had the time of my life (post on that here)
- Celebrated Christmas and rang in the new year with my favorite people in the world!
All in all, personally and professionally, this has been such a successful year full of challenges, traveling, and new opportunities and I cannot wait to see what 2018 brings! What are you most looking forward to in the new year? Post on that coming soon! 🙂