So as most of you know, I’ve been a vegetarian for over 3 years now, and it really has done wonders for my mind, body and soul. I try to eat vegan when possible, but recently I’ve been experimenting with the pescatarian diet and found that I really enjoy baked salmon. A couple weeks ago, I saw some fresh salmon filets at Trader Joes and thought I would give it a try. It was $7 for two filets and $2.50 for some asparagus. We also bought some potatoes for $3. That’s $6.25 per meal – how could you go wrong?!
My mom has always liked salmon so I thought, maybe I will too? Honestly this recipe is so easy to make and takes no time at all. From start to finish, it takes about 20 minutes in total, is healthy, and so yummy. I hope you enjoy and if you have any salmon recipes that you’d like to share, please leave them in the comments below!
2 salmon filets
1 bunch of asparagus
4 tbsp butter (I use vegan butter Earth Balance)
1/8 tsp salt and pepper
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 dash of oregano or rosemary
2 tsp olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, add the 2 tsp of olive oil so that the salmon won’t.
- While waiting for the oven to pre-heat, make the garlic butter sauce. Melt the butter. Once butter is melted, remove from heat and combine with the minced garlic and oregano (or rosemary).
- Once the oven is at 400 degrees, place the salmon filets skin-side up on the baking sheet, making sure there is a generous amount of olive oil so that they don’t stick. Bake for 4 minutes.
- While the salmon is baking, cook the asparagus. I prefer to use a frying pan on the stove with a tsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper. The asparagus should be done by the time the 4 minutes is up.
- Once the salmon is done, take out of the oven and flip so that skin-side is down. Add garlic butter sauce and put back in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven after two minutes and serve with asparagus. Pour over any extra garlic butter sauce and enjoy!