Okay – so by looking through my food recipes, I realize that a lot of my favorite dishes have pesto in them, and I hate to tell ya, but this one does too! #SorryNotSorry. As I’m sure you know by now, I am all about healthy meals that can be put together in minutes and basil pesto just happens to be my go-to, 5 minute, pasta/salad/veggie one-stop-shop.
Not only is this yummy salad quick and easy to make, but it packs a protein punch as well. The protein from the chickpeas and avocado combined with those good fats will give you just the post-gym pick-me-up that you need. This recipe has 6 ingredients and I promise you you’re going to love it.
- 1 can organic chickpeas, rinses and drained
- 1 organic avocado, cubed
- lemon juice from 1 organic lemon
- salt, pepper,
- 2 organic scallions or green onions, chopped
- 2 handfuls spring mix or lettuce of choice (I like dinosaur kale)
- 4 tablespoons vegan basil pesto sauce that’s to die for
- Squeeze lemon juice over cubed avocado. Combine ingredients in a large bowl and enjoy!