Okay, by now you guys should know how obsessed I am with pasta and as soon as September hits, I am equally obsessed with anything and everything pumpkin. So I thought to myself, “Why haven’t I mixed two of my favorite things together before?” and viola! – my Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo came to be.
As I have mentioned before, I am all about a quick and easy meal (maybe that’s why I always gravitate towards pasta) and this is nothing but that. The entire meal in total takes about 20-25 minutes and tastes best while in comfy pj’s sitting by the fire. My Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo is dairy free, gluten free, and soy free and 100% delicious. Enjoy!
- 6 oz gluten free linguini
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (or milk) – can use almond milk as well
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 25 sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- vegetable broth (optional)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- juice from half a lemon
- red chili flakes (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a separate pan, add extra virgin olive oil over medium heat and lightly pan fry the sage leaves until aromatic and starting to become darker. Remove sage leaves and drain on paper towels.
- To the same oil, add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin puree, chopped cauliflower and mix with the garlic.
- Add coconut cream (or almond milk) and mix. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. If sauce is too thick add a bit of vegetable broth to thin it out a bit (optional). The cauliflower should soak up most of the liquid.
- Add the mixture to a blender and blend with the lemon juice and nutritional yeast until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour over pasta and mix. Serve topped with sage leaves and red chili flakes.