Beautiful skin never goes out of style and the great thing about having a glowing face is that it doesn’t always mean you have to empty your pockets to get there. Having a flawless complexion starts from the inside. I’ve created a list of fruits and vegetables that can give your skin a fabulous glow (and you a boost of confidence), along with my current skincare regimen.
- Strawberries: Rich in Vitamin C which fights free radicals that damage cells and break down collagen.
- Citrus – oranges, grapefruit, lemons, limes: Citrus contains vitamin A which helps your body fight bacteria that causes acne while citric acid helps to rejuvenate skin.
- Spinach: Rich in vitamin B which protects your skin from free radicals. It also has a significant amount of vitamin K that fights away acne.
- Green Tea: Filled with inflammation-fighting antioxidants. Drinking green tea may also reduce your risk of skin cancer.
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin contains carotenoids, which are wrinkle-fighting plant pigments that help neutralize free radicals in your skin, keeping them from damaging collagen cells. Filled with vitamins C, E, and A, it also helps to cleanse your skin.
- Avocados: Also contain carotenoids which improve your skin’s tone and density giving you a nice smooth complexion.
- Pomegranates: One of the most antioxidant-rich fruits and the fruit’s juice has more inflammation-fighting antioxidants than red wine or green tea.
Along with eating a healthy diet, taking care of your skin on the outside is extremely important as well. I’ve started using an Arbonne skincare regimen and my skin has never looked better! I started out using their Calm Collection which includes the Gentle Daily Cleanser, Soothing Face Serum, Soothing Eye Gel, and the Gentle Daily Moisturizer. These products are great for sensitive skin but also take your makeup off, which is why I really like them. I am also excited that all Arbonne products are Gluten Free & Cruelty free! I use a Foreo Luna to wash my face with the Daily Cleanser, which gives you a deep facial cleansing that’s gentle enough to use every day while incorporating it’s anti-aging technology.
I hope this helped give you a little insight to my skin care routine and if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to add them below! I am a product junkie and absolutely love hearing from you!