It is such a beautiful day in LA today and I was very eager to share with you possibly one of my new favorite dinner options that I tested out on my boyfriend last night. Before I say more, this recipe is boyfriend/meat-lover approved, dairy free, soy free, gluten free, packed full of protein & 100% delicious! As if that wasn’t enough, it is also has a fantastic kick to it.
I put buffalo sauce on almost everything, from popcorn, to pizza, to veggies. If my mouth isn’t on fire, I won’t eat it, so I was excited to give this recipe a try. This is perfect as a meal or appetizer for game night, summer BBQ, or as an quick and easy week night dinner. I had seen a lot of different versions of this recipe and when I decided to give it a try, I realized that I was missing some of the ingredients & had to make do without them (I have included the ingredients that I didn’t use to give you the option to use them). However, it was still amazing and our plates were clean in about 10 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and that it sets your mouth (and life) on fire! Feel free to leave your comments below and let me know what you think or have tried differently!
1 head cauliflower
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup water
1 T olive oil
1 T garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup (5ml jar) hot sauce (I prefer Frank’s Red Hot)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Heavily grease baking sheet with butter. Divide cauliflower into bite sized chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, water, olive oil, garlic powder and salt until well combined. Add cauliflower and gently toss to coat each piece evenly.
- Transfer coated cauliflower to prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from oven. In large bowl, combine hot sauce and melted butter. Add partially cooked cauliflower and gently toss to evenly coat.
- Return cauliflower to baking sheet and continue cooking for an additional 20-25 minutes, turning once, until pieces start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with ranch or blue cheese dressing and fresh celery sticks